What we do
ALACHO members meet every 8 weeks to discuss key housing issues affecting local authorities. Meetings are open to all councils across Scotland. The key issues discussed and debated are generally set out in our Work Plan but are also influenced by new or emerging issues.
We invite a wide range of guests to our meetings to hear the views of policy developers, experts and academcis to ensure that we have a full understanding of issues that affect local authority housing.
The work conducted by ALACHO is wide and varied and falls into the following catergories.
Informing policy, legislation and guidance
- Responding to consultation papers - view our responses here
- Taking Part in National Working Group
- Preparing and publishing reports
Tackling specific issues
- Working with Scottish Government and others on mitigation of welfare reforms
- Working with Scottish Government and other key partners to improve the quality and supply of Scottish social housing
- Working with the Joint Improvement Team and others to ensure housing's contribution to the Reshaping Care agenda is recognised and acknowledged
Promoting the view of ALACHO
- Participating in working groups and steering groups to promote ALACHO's view
- Speaking at and chairing national events to raise ALACHO's profile
- Speaking at events on issues that ALACHO has identified as important to local authority housing interests