Who we are
ALACHO is the representative body for local authority housing in Scotland. The chief housing officer from each council is invited to regular meetings to discuss key housing issues affecting local authorities allowng issues to be debated and opinions formulated.
The key objectives of the organisation are noted below.
The aims and objectives of the organisation are primarily, but not necessarily limited to:
- Promoting the interests of Scottish local housing authorities
- Promoting the sharing of information and good practice within Scottish local housing authorities and between local authorities and other agencies
- Promoting positive and productive relationships between Scottish local housing authorities and other agencies
How we are governed
ALACHO is led by two co chairs and a vice chair supported by five executive members. The Executive meets 8 weekly and its role is to:
- Oversee the delivery of ALACHO's work plan
- Discuss and agree on the collective view (or otherwise) of ALACHO on key issues
- Provide support and guidance to the Policy Manager
The name and position of each Executive member is noted below. ALACHO holds an AGM each year in December when the election of Executive members is conducted.
Annette Finnan -Co Chair
South Lanarkshire Council
John Mills - Co Chair
Cathie Fancy Vice Chair
Scottish Borders Council
South Ayrshire Council
West Lothian Council
City of Edinburgh Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council